Terms of Trade – Service
Machine Tool Service is unique compared to many other industries.
- Many machines are a sophisticated combination of multiple technologies e.g mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, electronic and computer controls etc. and until the Service Engineer arrives on site he is often unaware in which area the problem will be.
- Rapid progress in technology and Australia’s relatively small manufacturing base means that each machine type/brand and model is only sold in small volumes. Therefore even factory trained technicians do not enjoy the luxury of working on and sourcing parts for the same machine type, brand and model day in and day out.
- Age, Australians expect even 20 and 30-year-old computer controlled machines to operate reliably. Long after original manufacturers have either disappeared or stopped supplying part.
- Geographic spread. Unlike many products which have a return to base policy for warranty and service, Machine Tools require the Service Engineer to visit their shop regardless of distance from base regardless of the fact all customers pay the same for their machines.
The Service Engineers and Co-ordinators at Power Machinery will endeavour to provide the most efficient and comprehensive service possible, however given the challenges above, it is important you read, understand and accept the following terms of trade.
- Rates and Charges:All Service work carried out between the hours of 6am to 6pm Mon-Fri is charged at the standard rate of $150 + GST per hour, both for travel and for labour. Work outside of those hours will be charged at an overtime rate of x 1.5
- Multiple trips:While all attempts to minimise the need for multiple trips will be made, customer is to accept that since problems may be intermittent and/or since it is not possible to carry all spares or have immediate access to all information. Multiple trips may be necessary and will be charged at standard rates.
- Non OEM Parts:If non OEM parts are required, the service engineer may have to spend time procuring these parts. This may include research as to availability plus co-ordinating pick up or in urgent cases picking up themselves. This time is chargeable at the normal rate. If you would prefer to take responsibility for this yourself, please let us know.
- Warranty:Warranty is granted at the discretion of the manufacturer not Power Machinery. An assessment will be made on the nature of the problem/failure and a request will be made by Power Machinery to the manufacturer for reimbursement. Claims will be accepted or denied on their validity.
- Travel Time Warranty:Travel time for Warranty work on new machines is chargeable at the standard rate.
- Used machines are not warranted and normal charge out rates will apply.
- If any Purchase Order Numberis required or desired for service work, customer is to provide in response to this email.
- Consumables, Tollsand any incidental expenses are chargeable.
Terms of Trade – Machine Sales
- Delivery:Machines are supplied ex works Mona Vale unless otherwise stated in writing by Power Machinery Aust.Pty Ltd (PMA). The machine is covered by insurance until free of our crane. Insurance after this point is the customer’s responsibility. If it is agreed in writing that Power Machinery will deliver machine, crane hire to unload is not included.
- Freight:Regardless of who organises and/or pays for the freight PMA can in no way be held responsible to damage and/or disappearance in full or in part of any goods in transit. It is up to the customer to ensure goods are adequately insured.
- Warranty New Machines: Power Machinery Aust Pty Limited (hereafter referred to as PMA) warrants that the goods shall be capable of performing all that PMA specifies in writing that such goods are capable of performing under the conditions disclosed by the purchaser and PMA further warrants that the goods are free from defect in material and workmanship.Notice of any claimed defect in the goods or any failure to perform all that PMA has specified in writing that such goods are capable of performing shall be given to PMA in writing to [email protected]within 365 days of the delivery date of the goods.
PMA shall not be liable for any loss, damage or injury whatsoever resulting directly or indirectly from any claimed defect or non-compliance with the written specifications of the goods which is not notified to PMA in writing by e-mail to [email protected] within 365 days of the delivery date of the goods.
Should any questions or disputes arise as to whether or not the goods are capable of performing all that PMA has specified in writing, then PMA agrees, if notified in writing to to [email protected] within 365 days from the delivery date to send to the place where the goods are situated such servants or agents as it shall in its sole discretion determine and all costs and expenses incurred by PMA will be met by PMA unless the default or defect is attributable to the purchaser in which case such expenses shall be reimbursed to PMA by the purchaser.
Where any goods are proven to PMA satisfaction to be defective by reason of faulty materials or workmanship or failure to perform all that PMA has specified in writing that such goods are capable of performing, the goods may be repaired or replaced at PMA’s option.
In any event the liability of PMA (whether in contract, tort or otherwise) for any loss, damage or injury whatsoever shall be limited to the purchase price of the goods in respect of which the loss or damage is claimed and PMA shall not be liable for any consequential or indirect damage or loss of any kind whatsoever.
- Warranty Used:Used machines are supplied on an “as is” basis condition. Any inspection prior to dispatch is welcome.
- Terms of Payment:Payment is required prior to despatch unless otherwise stated in writing by PMA
- Validity:Quotes are only valid for 30 days and are subject to availability of machine quoted.
- Installation and Commissioning(Only for new machines): Some machine may include installation and commissioning. This inclusion must be confirmed in writing by PMA. If Installation and commissioning is included, the customer is responsible for placing the machine in position and connecting power. Power Machinery’s engineer will there after commission machine and prepare it for operation. Two hours each way travelling time is included after this time a travelling allowance will apply.
- Electrical Connection:Machines are not supplied with cables or plugs. You will be required to connect power to machine according to Workcover regulations. A qualified electrician should do this.
- Training(Only for new machines):Some machines include training. This inclusion must be confirmed in writing by PMA. If training is included.
Power Machinery will train in the operation of your new machine.
Manual machines – Two(2) hours
NC machines e.g. Adiramatics Five(5) hours
DNC machines – Eight(8) hours
Allocated times include time spent travelling.
- Variable:Prices of imported machines are variable based on exchange rate until such time as order is received. Then the purchaser will given the opportunity to fix at the rate of the day or allow the price to continue to float according to the value of AUD.
- GST:All prices are non inclusive of GST.